Through Sporty life
12:58 p.m · SUN May 29, 2022
Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumors from the national newspapers with Sporting Life’s Paper Talk.
- Manchester United are keen to find out if Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante could be available this summer as they look to bolster their options in that area.
THE SUN ON SUNDAY
- According to reports from Spain, Frenkie de Jong’s exit from Barcelona could have been a step closer after the club agreed a deal to sign Valencia’s Carlos Soler.
- Newcastle United have been named a more than £40million fee for winger Moussa Diaby by their Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen.
- Liverpool are demanding a £15million fee from Bournemouth if they want to make their Nat Phillips loan deal permanent.
- Vincent Kompany will prioritize a move for Manchester City’s Taylor Harwood-Bellis if he is confirmed as Burnley’s new head coach, as expected. Celtic are also interested in the England U21 player.
- Fulham and Middlesbrough are in contention to sign Coventry striker Viktor Gyokeres.
- Derby County has issued a warning to clubs interested in Nathan Byrne after triggering an automatic one-year contract extension.
- Sunderland will offer play-off hero Anthony Patterson a new contract.
- Crystal Palace could loan out teenager Luke Plange again next season, with Championship club Coventry City interested in the 19-year-old former Derby player.
DAY STARS SUNDAY
- Manchester United fear they will be priced out of a move for Darwin Nunez as Benfica demand a £100m+ fee for the striker.
- Jose Mourinho hopes Paulo Dybala opts to stay at AS Roma in Italy rather than join the Premier League with Manchester United or Tottenham.
- Thomas Tuchel is set to meet Conor Gallagher to discuss the midfielder’s future at Chelsea but is still reportedly unsure about keeping him at Stamford Bridge next season.
POST ON SUNDAY
- Chelsea CEO Guy Laurence is set to step down following the completion of Todd Boehly’s £4.25billion takeover of the club, leaving one more senior position to fill.
- West Ham and Southampton have joined the race to sign Red Bull Salzburg’s £12million striker Junior Adamu, who is also being pursued by Ajax, Hertha Berlin and RB Leizpig.
- Moeen Ali has told new England Test coach Brendon McCullum he is ready to come out of retirement and he could enlist the support of close friend Adil Rashid to make himself available.
- Erik ten Hag is considering using Marcus Rashford as an all-out striker if he doesn’t find a new ‘No. 9″ for Manchester United.
- Leicester City are keen on Manchester United’s James Garner following his impressive loan spell with Championship play-off finalists Nottingham Forest.
- Tottenham are one of several clubs keeping tabs on right-back Nordi Mukiele, who has already decided to leave RB Leipzig this summer.
- Liverpool defender Joel Matip’s brother and pregnant wife were among those forced to flee when tear gas was used on fans outside the Stade de France ahead of the Champions League final against Real Madrid.
- Barcelona believe they are in pole position to sign Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves and could use Francisco Trincao as a negotiating tool.
- Arsenal target Inter Milan defender Federico Dimarco while Mikel Arteta seeks left-back support for Kieran Tierney.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Aberdeen face a lucky break from the sale of Scott McKenna if Nottingham Forest secure promotion to the Premier League on Sunday.