13: The Musicalan adaptation of the 2008 Broadway musical, is coming soon to Netflix on Friday, August 12. Directed by Tamra Davis, the Netflix original family musical comedy is the sixth adaptation of the fan-favorite and cult classic Los Angeles stage production of the same name.
Following the 2008 Broadway production, which was the debut for pop artist Ariana Grande and actress Elizabeth Gillies, 13: the musical, starring Eli Golden looks to be a promising remake of the original.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Netflix musical.
What is 13: The Musical all about? Find the synopsis, trailer and details here
Staying true to the original, Netflix’s adaptation of the Broadway musical follows the story of Evan Goldman, a 12-year-old boy who is about to turn 13 and preparing for his bar mitzvah. However, his plan is compromised when his parents split up and he has to move to Indiana. With a new school to adjust to and new friends to make, 13: The Musical explore a whole new chapter in Evan’s life.
Read the official synopsis published by Netflix here:
After his parents’ divorce, Evan Goldman moves from New York to a small town in Indiana. As his 13th birthday approaches, he must master the complex social circles of his new school and win over friends by turning his Bar Mitzvah into the coolest party ever. Based on the hugely popular musical ’13’, which opened on Broadway in 2008, 13: The Musical is a coming of age journey through the unforgettable ups and downs of tween life.
Netflix also released a trailer for the musical, and you can watch it here.
The trailer offers a glimpse of the new adventures Evan is ready to have with his new friends. As he adjusts to his high school and plans for his bar mitzvah, he faces a series of challenges that he must overcome.
Since the movie is a musical, viewers will be interested to know more about the tracks featured in it. Here is the full list of soundtracks for 13: The Musical.
- 13/ Becoming a Man – Performed by Eli Golden
- The Saddest Place in the World – Portrayed by Gabriella Uhl
- Hey Kendra – Performed by JD McCrary, Nolen Dubuc, Ramon Reed, Frankie McNellis and Lindsey Blackwell
- Get Me What I Need – Performed by Jonathan Lengel
- Opportunity – Performed by Frankie McNellis
- What It Means To Be A Friend – Performed by Gabriella Uhl
- All Hail the Brain – Performed by Eli Golden
- Terminal Illness – Performed by Eli and Jonathan Lengel
- Getting Ready: Eli Golden, Jonathan Lengel, Frankie McNellis, Lindsey Blackwell and JD McCrary
- Any Minute – Performed by – Lindsey Blackwell, JD McCrary, Jonathan Lengel and Gabriella Uhl
- Good Enough – Performed by Gabrielle Uhl
- Being a Geek – Portrayed by Eli Golden and Josh Peck
- Bad News – Performed by Ramon Reed and Nolen Dubuc
- Tell Her – Performed by Eli Golden and Gabriella Uhl
- It Can’t Be True – Performed by Frankie McNellis, Kayleigh Cerezo, Shechinah Mpumlwana and Khiyla Aynne
- If That’s What It Is – Played by Jonathan Lengel, Gabriella Uhl and Eli Golden
- A Little More Homework – Performed by Jonathan Lengel, Gabriella Uhl and Eli Golden
- Brand New You – Performed by Kayleigh Cerezo, Shechinah Mpumlwana and Khiyla Aynne
When will the movie hit Netflix?
Netflix has finally confirmed the release date of 13: The Musical. It will premiere this August 12, 2022. Since the Broadway adaptation is a Netflix original feature, it will be available to stream exclusively on the Netflix streaming platform.
Capture 13: The Musical Coming soon on Netflix.