Growth in the global agricultural film market is expected to be driven by rising demand for agricultural production and increasing controlled farming practices. Stage of the market life cycle.
New York, May 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “Agricultural Film Market: A Global and Regional Analysis – Focus on Product, Application, Supply Chain and Analysis by Country: Analysis and Forecast, 2022-2027” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06281032/?utm_source=GNW
The global agricultural film market is still in the growth phase in developing countries and has reached maturity in developed countries. Increased research and development activities are being carried out to develop highly productive, sustainable and economical agricultural films.
The demand for this type of film is expected to increase in the future as governments in all countries are planning for sustainable agricultural production.
The growing demand for biodegradable films is one of the main opportunities in the global agricultural film market. The constant demand for efficient food production is driving the use of agricultural films, particularly in developing countries with difficult climatic circumstances.
Because it is more economical and productive than any other smart agricultural technology.
• Reducing crop loss and waste in the field and improving food production without the expansion of agricultural land is the possible solution to reduce the significant gap between the amount of food produced today and the amount required to feed everyone in the world. 2050. In turn, it is expected to increase the requirements for efficient and affordable crop protection solutions to address various problems, such as weed and pest attacks and changing weather conditions.
• In addition, initiatives by various governments in agricultural production are increasing the demand for biodegradable or recyclable plastic films in agricultural production. Many manufacturers in the global agricultural film market continually invest in the development of biodegradable or recyclable plastic films in their product portfolio. In September 2020, Trioworld launched a manual stretch film made of 75% recyclable plastic for agricultural applications.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 outbreak followed by the global nation lockdown in 2020 had disrupted the function of the global agricultural film market. It affected the production process and supply chain networks and resulted in losses for agricultural film manufacturers.
The unavailability of labor and the lack of raw materials were the key factors that limited production. Shortage in production of agricultural film causes delays in customer projects and severely affected the number of orders from agricultural film manufacturers during 2020.
Segmentation 1: by Application
o Livestock or forage production
o Crop production
The global market for agricultural films in the application segment is expected to be dominated by the livestock or fodder production segment. Growing livestock production in countries such as China, Brazil and India is expected to contribute to the growth of the livestock or forage production segment.
Segmentation 2: by Product
o Greenhouse films
o Mulch films
o Silage films
The global agricultural film market is slightly more dominated by the greenhouse film segment. This is due to the increasing use of greenhouses in the nations of the world.
Segmentation 3: by Material
or recover XP
The LLDPE film segment dominates the global agricultural film market during the forecast period. LLDPE is mainly used in the production of agricultural films, such as greenhouse and low tunnel films.
The increasing demand for light and safe greenhouse structures is driving the growth of the LLDPE segment in all countries of the world.
Segmentation 4: by Region
o Asia-Pacific and Japan: India, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific and Japan
o North America: USA, Canada, Mexico and the rest of North America
o Europe: Spain, Italy, Germany and the rest of Europe
o South America: Brazil, Argentina and the rest of South America
o Middle East and Africa: United Arab Emirates, South Africa and rest of the Middle East and Africa
China generated the highest revenue of $4.26 billion in 2021. The market has seen a rapid growth rate in recent years due to the increasing development of greenhouse agriculture and increasing demand for other controlled agricultural practices.
Recent Developments in the Global Agricultural Film Market
• In January 2022, Coveris. launched a new film for wrapping silage bales called Unterland R, where 30% of its raw materials are recycled content.
• In January 2021, the Rani Group launched an agricultural bale wrap called RaniWrap Ecol, which is made from 30% recycled raw materials.
• In January 2021, Novamont SpA acquired BioBag International AS. to expand your business in Northern/Eastern Europe, North America and Australia.
• In February 2021, Dow and Lucro signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a polyethylene film made from post-consumer recycled plastics in India.
Demand: drivers and constraints
The following are the demand drivers for the agricultural film market:
• Need for high agricultural production
• Increased government initiatives for sustainable food production
• Growing need for controlled agricultural practices
The market is also expected to face some limitations due to the following challenges:
• Harmful effects related to the use of plastic films
• Strict government regulation on the use of plastic
How can this report add value to an organization?
Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader understand the different types of agricultural film products available for implementation in livestock or forage production and crop production, and their potential globally. In addition, the study provides the reader with a detailed understanding of the different agricultural film products by product (greenhouse films, mulch films, silage films and others), by material (LLDPE, LDPE, EVA, HDPE, Reclaim PE and others). ).
Agricultural films generate higher income compared to other crop production technologies. Therefore, agricultural films in crop production are a low-investment, high-income-generating agricultural model.
Growth/Commercialization Strategy: The agricultural film market has seen great development by the key players operating in the market such as business expansion, partnership, collaboration, and joint venture. The strategy favored by companies has been the launch of products to strengthen their position in the market. agricultural film market.
For example, in June 2020, Groupe Barbier. and Carbiolice collaborate to develop a biodegradable mulch film with Evanesto that contains an increased amount of bio-based plastics.
Competitive Strategy: The key players in the global agricultural film market analyzed and profiled in the study involve manufacturers of agricultural film-based products that provide raw or processed products. Furthermore, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global agricultural film market has been made to help the reader understand how the players stack up against each other, presenting a clear market landscape.
Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations will help the reader understand the untapped pockets of revenue in the market.
Overview of key market players and competition
The companies profiled were selected based on input collected from leading experts and analysis of company coverage, product portfolio and market penetration.
Some of the prominent names established in this market are:
Company type 1: public companies
• BASF SE
• Berry Global Inc.
• Exxon Mobil Corporation
• Imaflex Inc.
• KURARAY CO., LTD.
• Novamont S.p.A.
• PLASTICA KRITIS SA
Company Type 2: Private Companies
• Barbier Group
• Kalliomuovi Oy
• POLIFILM GROUP
• Rani Group
• RKW Group
Company Type 3: Start-ups
• Make it grow
• Hydrox Technologies Inc.
• LLEAF PTY LTD
• North America
• Rest of North America
• South America
• Rest of South America
• The rest of Europe
• UNITED KINGDOM
• Middle East and Africa
• United Arab Emirates
• South Africa
• Rest of the Middle East and Africa
• Asia-Pacific and Japan
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific and Japan
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06281032/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need, instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: [email protected] US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001