HONOLULU — After their first road trip of the year to the Big West, the University of Hawaii men’s basketball team (12-4, 3-1 Big West) returns to the island to host a pair of home league games, beginning with a matchup against defending regular season champion Long Beach State on Saturday, January 14. Kickoff is at 7:00 pm at the SimpliFi Arena at the Stan Sheriff Center.
If you attend the game on Saturday, be sure to visit the Game Day Information Pagewhich includes important information on digital ticketing, parking, transparent bag policy and more.
PROMOTIONSBank from hawaii is the sponsor on Saturday. Fans who are Bank of Hawaii customers will receive a FREE duffel bag displaying a Bank of Hawaii credit card, application or checkbook (while supplies last). Visit the Sports Marketing Desk located near Gate A to register and enter Bank of Hawaii’s half-time promotional contest for a chance to win HawaiianMiles. Hawaii Pacific Health is the sponsor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and will be distributing HPH refresher towels and clear bags (while supplies last). Visit the Sports Marketing Table located near Gate A to register and enter the halftime promotional contest for a chance to win a Hawaii Pacific Health wellness package. there will be a autograph session with the Rainbow Warrior basketball team following monday game at gate B.
HEAD COACH ERAN GANOT
Overall record: 129-83 (9th season)
In Hawaii: 126-81 (8th season)
ALL-TIME RECORD vs. LONG BEACH STATEGeneral: LBSU leads, 19-15
In Honolulu: UH leads, 10-6
In Long Beach: LBSU leads 11-3
Streak: LBS, 1
- UH is coming off an overtime loss at Cal State Fullerton that snapped a seven-game winning streak.
- Long Beach State will host Cal Poly on Thursday before heading to Hawaii. The game was delayed one day due to flooding in San Luis Obispo.
- The ‘Bows look to keep their home winning streak intact, having won six in a row in the SSC.
- UH’s current six-game home winning streak is its longest since the 2015-16 team won its first eight home games of the year.
- UH and LBSU split last year’s series with each team earning road wins. Each of the last seven meetings has been decided by six points or less.
- The Beach leads the Big West and ranks eighth nationally in rebounds per game (40.1). LBSU also leads the league in steals per game (7.9).
- The ‘Bows lead the Big West and rank 19th in the NCAA in scoring defense at 60.3 points per game, while also ranking fifth in three-point FG percentage defense (26.9).
- bernardo da silva he shined on UH’s latest road trip, averaging 19.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg and shooting 74% (17-of-23) from the field.
- For the season, da Silva leads the team in FG% (.551), rebounding (6.7), blocks (20) and double-double (3), while also ranking third on the team in scoring at 10.4 ppg.
- UH’s 22 turnovers at Cal State Fullerton were the most since it committed 22 in a home win against CSUN on February 27, 2016.
- The ‘Bows have led wire-to-wire five times this year, including in each of their last two wins.
- UH has outscored six of its last eight opponents in the second half. In the six games in which they have outplayed their rivals, the average scoring margin has been 10.5 points.
- After their game against LBSU, UH hosts CSUN on Martin Luther King Day at 5:00 p.m.