Of Sporty life
08:29 · THU May 26, 2022
Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumors from the national newspapers with Sporting Life’s Paper Talk.
- Manchester United are on the verge of signing Jurrien Timber for £30m from Ajax on orders from Erik ten Hag.
- Barcelona have confirmed they have received multiple offers for Frenkie de Jong, including Manchester United.
- PSG are open to selling Neymar this summer – but only Newcastle can reportedly afford the striker.
- Sevilla’s Jules Kounde is stepping up his efforts to be part of Todd Boehly’s revolution at Chelsea and will be ready to step straight into a revamped defense under Thomas Tuchel.
- Manchester City have turned down offers from a number of clubs, including Barcelona, to loan striker Julian Alvarez, who will join England this summer after ending his spell at River Plate.
- Barcelona fear Gavi will move to the Premier League this summer, with president Joan Laporta admitting the club ‘don’t like the situation’ that the youthful midfielder’s new contract offer will remain on the table for an extended period.
- Fraser Forster underwent a medical at Hotspur Way on Wednesday before joining Tottenham.
- Manchester United have reportedly joined the race to sign highly-rated Inter Milan defender Alessandro Bastoni.
- Allan Saint-Maximin is set to stay at Newcastle because of his £50m asking price for the winger and that could also lead to further talks over an improved contract.
- Arsenal’s last-ditch effort to lure Eddie Nketiah into staying at the Emirates includes a massive pay rise where each new deal would net him £100,000 a week.
- West Ham’s talks with Tomas Soucek over a new deal have reached an impasse. The Czech midfielder has two years left on his contract with an option for an extra year and negotiations with West Ham over a pay rise have stalled.
- Aston Villa and West Ham have been put on red alert as Liverpool are ready to sell Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer.
- PSV hope to keep Cody Gakpo at the club by putting together a special financial package to stave off interest from several top-flight European sides including Arsenal.
- River Plate are set to receive an extra £1.3million from Manchester City to allow Julian Alvarez, who signed in January, to join his new team-mates in early July.
- Marseille president Pablo Longoria will continue his attempts to talk with Arsenal about a permanent deal for defender William Saliba, despite Mikel Arteta’s recent comments that he would be given a chance to secure a first-team spot in the Premier League this summer secure clubs.
“Competing in the Premier League on third-tier money.” | Racing Education | Buy the dream
- West Ham are hoping to sign Rennes defender Nayef Aguerd in the next few days – after he pulled out of the race for James Tarkowski.
- Manchester United target Endrick Felipe has been slapped with a £50million release clause after signing a three-year deal with Brazilian club Palmeiras.
- Bayern Munich are reportedly considering a move for Manchester United star Marcus Rashford.
- Newcastle United are ready to break their transfer record to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Paqueta, a former Lyon team-mate of current record-holder Bruno Guimaraes who was signed in January for a fee of up to £43m.
- Former Scotland star Shaun Maloney is now the front runner to become the next Dundee manager.
- Celtic are hoping for Ferencvaros striker Ryan Mmaee to boost their attacking options ahead of next season’s Champions League season.
- Former Rangers and Hearts star David Templeton, who retired from professional football last November, has signed for Scottish seventh division club Drumchapel United.